Wednesday 18 January 2017

Exam Questions (Or Lack Of)


For me, the greatest challenge of a new specification is the lack of examination questions. Currently our GCSE (Edexcel) goes back to 2010 and our A-Level (also Edexcel) goes back to 2009 [There were January exams until 2014 doubling papers available].

Obviously you shouldn't be just teaching to the exam (and I don't), but getting technique right is vital. 

As such, I am looking for RE teachers to help work collaboratively to share their attempts at question writing, given the limited SAMs available so we have a collection to share and assess students with.

The access is set so you can comment on the documents - if you add a question via a comment, I will add to the main document - but also feel free to offer improvement to the questions that I have already attempted. I do not profess to being an expert on these!


[NB these are only Edexcel A-Level questions, as we are not doing the AS]

If teachers are interested in setting up a more comprehensive document for different specs, A-Level and AS, get in touch.

Social media, and the internet more widely, has provided us with potential solutions to problems that teachers and departments would have had to face individually in the past. Google Drive provides a tool to make it work successfully.


Image courtesy of: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=8422&picture=empty 

2 comments:

  1. this is such a good idea- setting some mock Qs for my year 12s at the moment and a bit lost for the wording- really useful to see yours here. I'll put some in the comments when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. Can we add a section for the Religion section? I am teaching Islam and am finding it really difficult to come up with 30 mark questions in particular-as the students need to link to other sections. I am happy to put up some of my 8 mark and 12 mark questions for A Level Islam. All support and feedback gratefully received.

    ReplyDelete